Thursday 10 October 2013

Miso Tired

Helllllooooo reindeers!!
I know I have been neglecting this space for quite abit now but as shown in my instagram, I've been really occupied with the renovation of the cafe and the whole works of it so please please please bear with me alittle longer and I promise with all my heart that my absence and frequencies used to blog over here will be worth the wait. Stay with me because YOU WILL WANT TO BE PART OF IT.

Anw, talking about being so occupied with the renovations and stuff, I only have 3 letters for myself. O.M.G. Why that??
Well... before I kickstarted this whole renovation works over at 15gran, I thought I hated tools. Carpentry tools to be exact. I'd always see Alex fix my cupboards and racks for me with so much enjoyment in it, I just couldn't understand why. Being in a place behind the live scene puts me in under an entirely different light that might have casted a rather foreboding and repulsive shadow towards the whole D.I.Y experience as compared to how I felt when put under the stage light during the past four days where I found a new comfort spot, (surprisingly).

I never thought I would crawl into a dog hole cabinet with loose screws and wires hung everywhere. I used to hate the thought of having any bit of shaven wood brushed against my skin. Worst still, I had phobias and terrorising movie scenes from the thrillers blockbusters that flashed on repeat. When I was a kid, I used to think the electronic screwdriver kit came in a set and I never thought I would carry the toolbox with such ease and convenience. Even my friends said they were pretty impressed with how quickly I could find the hidden treasured nails. There's nobody else in this world that I would rather thank for providing me with such exposure and extending my field of interest other than my carpenter or should I say....my personal everything. Today, no, yesterday marks a year into our relationship and of cos......I am so glad to have him beside me all the time and ya-da ya-da ya-da (decided to spare you guys the first-time grammy awards winner speech)
and really abrupt but as I was typing appreciative I feel to have him and what not just 2 lines above, he decides to annoy me.........T H I S  B O Y . . . 

So back to the main topic as scripted as in the title box, I am SO SO SOOOOO flipping tired I can't even describe the urge and hunger to dive and submerge myself into the layers of comfort and warmth. My hands are dried and fried thanks to the consistent brawling and tugging between the screwdriver and my not-so-used-to-this epidermal layer. Buttttt all in all, I realised I actually really really like this jobscope!! Of cos, I can't do this professionally but at this pace I'm progressing in my own cafe, I'm totally happy with it!! Gotta thank my mother for bringing me up to be a tough girl HAHA. Anw..... just halt and wait for my next update cos I have a million websites for all of you to surf and cart out!! Sooooo in the meantime, you could go down to ikea, grab one of their racks or boxes and start fixing your own furnitures because trust me, YOU'LL NEED THEM QUITE BADLY once I put my ads up!! I already have four racks just solely for my shoes. TELL ME HOW?? WHAT MORE ALL YOU MAD SHOPAHOLICS?!

just reached the cafe because I dozed off halfway into this post while waiting for Alex to finish his work!! SOOOO PROUD OF HIM because he personally stitched and cut every piece of material involved and made something really damn awesome!! Not being bias because I would tell him if it's not nice but the item he made this time is YUMMEH....
He'll be at the Red Dot Design Museum at Tanjong Pagar in the evening to showcase and sell his work of artttttt. MASTERPIECES ok!! I tried helping him if you watched my instavideo but HAHA I'm so terrible at sewing plus I was living on an hour's sleep prior to that. Head down and show some support ok!! The best thing about this was that he took into consideration on how I am so actively and strongly against the use of animal skin and actually made the effort to hunt for alternatives. So proud of you molten lava caramal fudgeyness!! You go my boy!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment