Thursday 15 August 2013

EAT THE GREENS, IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!!

Hey y'all!!
Really fucking sorry for missing out on the post yesterday againnnnnnn.....
but i swear to christ, I've been trying cos below is a snip of what I wrote yesterday!!

Writing this blogpost in the cab to Mediacorp now.....super tired day. Woke up, took photos for my advertisers, rushed to post office to mail stuff out anddddd get my missed parcels, rush back home to get ready to head down to Caldecott. Jesus Christ.......then everyone ask why I'm always so busy. I think I should hire someone to be my videographer for a week to like video my life so you guys can see why. I mean if you just read this, you'll be like. Bitch please, do so little things kp so much. but no ehhhh not true. I'm really very tired and sleepy now. Wanted to take this time to have a little nap but nooooooooo I promised a post. So gotta get down to business. Hmm ok!! So last week, I totally didnt touch my blog at all cos I didn't really have access to it and I didn't want to hijack my mother's Mac.

Ok starting with the first topic that I got in mind now.....me being vegetarian. It may seem rather sudden and out of the blue but nuuuupe. I've been through this phase where I became a pescetarian when I was in sec school. I maintained that diet for about a year and a half or so before going back to eating chicken and then slowly beef. But very little of it. Hmm I started because I was heavily influenced by this friend of mine who was my buddy at that point of time. And she was a full fledge vegetarian all her life. Although she did it for religion, I still respect that she makes an effort to keep to her vegetables diet and there was a couple of times where she brought me to different vegetarian restaurants and cafes and *snap fingers* the food tastes alot better than the ones we usually eat. Won't call it the "norm" food cos its really not normal to eat meat. So all these while, she has always been telling me about her research and blah blah like what I just said, why humans are not meant to eat meat in the first place and maybe it was a calling idk but on that very day when she told me about this particular thing on why we aren't meant to eat meat, my school then invited some speaker from Ava or some organisation (obviously, didnt even gave a fuck about remembering their name) but yes, they showed us how the animals that were bred for the sole purpose of being consumed by us, the disgusting-selfish-fuckingoblivious-ignorant human population. Talk about humanity and your love for your pets. Very well, your little furry buddy who is probably beside you now could have been in that churner and up for slaughter in the next 5mins. So yes, they actually showed us a video on how your local fast food chain grow and torture the poor animals..... in particular a company that sells mostly chicken~ but seriously, ALL fast food chains does the same I'm 101% sure. So yes, that was the day that I decided to stop eating meat only with a problem likkaaaaa I couldn't get away from salmon. Like no way in hell can I not eat salmon and cod fish and sotong. So I became a pescetarian......andddddd my annoying friends in class always make fun of me ok. They will always say the plants feel pain too and does it mean I don't fish are cute. Oh yeah. how can I forget this....I was so adamant to not eating pork because I really think pigs are like so ffffuuuggggging cute!! I just cannot. So yeap!! and best comment ever....You become vegetarian then you eating the animals food and this comment came from somebody very close to me. At that very moment, I shot that person a million times in my head. Like seriously?? Fucking stupid comments everywhere...so here are some research and statistics for those who are about to argue *rolls eyes, flips hair*

A vegetarian diet can help alleviate world hunger. 
Over 10 pounds of plant protein are used to produce one pound of beef protein. If these grains were fed to humans instead of animals, more food would be available for the 925 million people in chronic hunger worldwide. Research from Cornell University found that the grain used to feed US livestock alone could feed 800 million people.

Producing one hamburger destroys 55 square feet of rainforest. 
Between 1996-2006, 25 million acres of Amazon rainforest were cleared—80% of which became pasture for beef cattle. In 2009, the United States imported 44,284 tons of processed Brazilian beef mostly for use in hamburgers, hot dogs, and lunch meats. Importing fresh Brazilian beef became legal in Nov. 2010, and US beef imports from Brazil will likely increase.

and if you are about to argue like oh, I need meat and humans are born to eat meat. Fuck you!! The pigs, the chickens, the cows, the turkeys, the sheep, the fish, the prawns, the turtles and whatever other species of animals that you put into your mouth ARE MEANT TO LIVE. Whooooo I know right, I need to fucking chill the fuck down..... *taking a deep breath and a moment of silence*

Human anatomy has evolved to support a primarily vegetarian diet.
Humans do not have the large mouth or long, pointed teeth of carnivores. Human teeth are short and flat for chewing fibrous food. Carnivores have short intestines (3-6 times body length) while human intestines are long (10-11 times body length) to allow slower digestion of plant foods. The liver of a carnivore can detoxify the excess vitamin A absorbed from a meat-based diet. The human liver cannot detoxify excess vitamin A.

and if you're about to rebut me with your stupid assumptions that all vegetarians are weak and fragile....please. Please open your eyes and look at some of the famous people I'm about to mention.

Athletes like Carl Lewis, Andy Lally, Ricky Williams, Mac Danzig, Bill Pearl, Hannah Teter, Mike Tyson and Water Kowalski are vegetarians. Frail?? Weak?? I guess not....
Entertainers like Pamela Anderson, Russell Brand, Ellen DeGeneres, Paul McCartney, Ozzy Osbourne, Natalie Portman, Prince and Alicia Silverstones are vegetarians as well. Hello?? I don't see them fainting half the time just because they are on a vegetarian diet.
Leaders like Cesae Chavez, Brigitte Bardot, Bill Clinton, Benjamin Franklin, Coretta Scott King, Christine Lagarde, Rosa Parks and Russell Simmons are vegetarians too!! Vegetarians with wit and intelligence...
Inventors like Albert Einsten, Sylvester Graham, Paul Wenner and Steve Jobs were vegetarians too OMG?? Vegetarians with even more fucking brains.

With the people mentioned above, please prove to me again how ignorant you really are when you make a sweeping statement saying how vegetarians are all frailly and weak and in my words "lam peh peh"

So back to the main topic on me entering into the whole vegetarian diet thing. For me, I just think it is disgusting and unethical and cruel and despicable to destroy a life for my own selfish wants. And I don't even say it's a need because it really isn't!! You need water, you need oxygen. You DON'T FUCKING NEED MEAT. I hate how the animals are BRED TO BE KILLED. They don't even get a chance to be the animal they are meant to be. I don't know about you but being a sagittarius, freedom means alot to me and I'm not even talking about the freedom as a teenager to hang out with my friends or like stay out or any of that sort. I'm talking about the freedom to fucking spread my limbs whenever I want to. and the fucking freedom to fucking do what I want and move and walk to wherever I want to. But look.



Chickens are selectively bred to grow so large that they are crippled under their own weight and spend days awaiting their fate in tiny cages with dead or dying birds. They have their sensitive beaks cut off so they can't peck at each other and the ammonia levels from their faeces are so high that their throats and lungs are burned by it. They are constantly in a light place, so they never sleep, eat constantly and wait. NIN NA MA EH?! HOW TO MOVE?! ALL THEIR LIVES THEY WILL JUST BE SQUASHED AT THE SAME FUCKING SPOT UNTIL THEY EVENTUALLY DIE OF TORMENT.

and OBVIOUSLY NO, THE TORTURES ARE NOT ONLY CONFINED TO CHICKENS.
PIGS, COWS, SHEEP, TURKEYS, CHICKS, EVEN DOGS AND RABBITS RECEIVE THE SAME INHUMANE TREATMENTS
JUST A FYI NOTE SINCE MAJORITY OF YOU ARE LIKE "OH MY GOD, THIS PUPPY IS SO CUTE!!", "I LOVE MY DOGS", "MY DOG IS MY LIFE"AND BLAH BLAH BLAH~~



Pigs are highly intelligent animals. They have been likened to dogs, with their ability to play, portray loyalty and have the cognitive development of a 3 year old human child. When they are bred for meat, they are born in to a dark, dirty place, where their mother cannot turn round to nuzzle them because of the size of the pen. They are given 3 weeks to suckle, and then taken away usually screaming, to be fattened up in pens that again do not allow them to turn around or move. They are bred to such enormous sizes that they are crippled, they have their teeth removed with pliers and bits of their ears cut off with no mention of anesthetic. Many have their throats cut while their are still conscious, because of their size, stunning is normally ineffective. The bodies (and sometimes still live animals) are then thrown in to scalding water, to soften their skin before they are cut up. AND THIS COULD JUST BE YOUR DARLING DOG.

SO WHAT MADE ME TURN VEGETARIAN THIS TIME ROUND??


Alex told me one random day that he watched a video on facebook and he thought I might be really interested in it because I've been telling him I wanna change to being a full fledge vegetarian. But each time I told him I wanna watch, he'll always ask me to have my dinner first and then he'll show it to me because he knows after watching it, I'll 1) probably cry like a baby, 2) skip dinner and to be really honest, I was alittle apprehensive to watch it too because I felt I wasn't at all ready to face this reality. But one fine day, I went on to my facebook and then I clicked on this video by myself because someone shared it on my newsfeed and I knew by then, it won't be a pretty sight and I knew this was the video Alex wanted to show me so I braced myself and pressed play. AND YOU SHOULD TOO BECAUSE NO WE ARE NOT LIVING IN A WORLD WHERE THINGS GO LIKE "WHAT DON'T SEE DON'T HURT" YAH FUCK, IT SURE AS HELL DOESN'T HURT YOU, BUT SOMETHING ELSE IS BEING HURT BECAUSE OF YOU, SELFISH BUGGER.

sooooo I watched it and BAM!! I MADE MY STAND AND BEING A VEGETARIAN SINCE THEN. A PROUD VEGETARIAN IN FACT BECAUSE I AM NO LONGER DEMANDING FOR FOOD THAT CAUSES ANOTHER LIVING BEING TO BLEED FOR ME. THAT'S JUST PLAIN FUCKING SELF CENTERED. FUCKING. S E L F - C E N T E R E D .

anw, y'knw ever since I became vegetarian, I get super anal when helping Alex get lunch cos the other day, I offered to get him lunch and I bolted straight to subway. Normally, I'd order cold cut trio or terriyaki chicken or beef steak for him but when I was queuing up, I suddenly remembered like hey, I'm a vegetarian because I don't support the consumption of meat so why am I getting meat for him anyway?? soooo I made a quick decision and got him an egg mayo sandwich instead!! When I got over, I very excitedly asked him to guess what i got for him and heeeee very excitedly {initially} guessed like meatball, terriyaki chicken, beef steak and I'm like....no?! EGG MAYO!! and his smile went upside down. But I told him I won't get any meat related stuff for him ever again. Made my stand crystal clear!!

whichhhhhhh!! brings me to the next point!! because no, I DO NOT ONLY LIMIT MYSELF TO EATING VEGETABLES. I HAVE ALSO MADE A PROMISE TO MYSELF AND NOW ALL OF YOU READING THIS THAT I WILL NOT ENDORSE, ADVERTISE, BUY AND USE ITEMS THAT ARE MADE OUT OF ANIMAL'S SKIN.

I came to a realisation just a few days ago when my aunt asked me if I wanted to get anything from Europe and immediately I thought of asking her to help me get a Chanel Boy on my behalf and i didn't realise it until she asked me.....so you want the lamb or cow skin?? and I'm like....wait. FUCK. NO I DON'T WANT ANYMORE. AND MY STAND FOR THIS REMAINS FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE ALTHOUGH IT IS VERY TEMPTING TO GET WHAT'S IN TREND AND WHAT SEEMS TO BE SO FUCKING GORGEOUS. BUT NO NO NO!!!!!!! I AM SAYING NO TO ANIMAL SKIN RELATED PRODUCTS.




and a little more on animal abuse since we are already at it
ANIMAL TESTING


So yes, sorry I sound really angsty in this post because I sincerely feel indignant about this whole animal thing!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, I am not asking you to be a vegetarian cos the choice is yours. Just use some conscious, some brains and some heart to feel and think.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment